Procedures & Precautions
Welcoming back guests to Burnside Cottage was never far from our minds when we closed our doors due to Covid-19. The positive of the first lockdown for us was the ability to concentrate on how and what re-opening will look like for us and our guests.
We realise that for many of you there are some concerns when it comes to staying with us, but rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can ‘Stay with Confidence’ and with this in mind we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures that we have implemented.
If the information below, does not answer your concerns, or if you have any questions, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 07984436955 / 01955 611766 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kacey & Stephen
We first opened our doors at the end of 2018 & during our first year achieved exemplary standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic we have enhanced our exacting standards to a new level across all aspects of our business.
The ‘Good to Go’ kitemark was issued to us by Visit Scotland to show that they are happy that all of our processes conform to official guidelines. You can have confidence that we are doing our utmost to ensure the safety of our guests. Please note that the guidance is changing constantly, so the following guidelines may continue to be adjusted as guidance is updated.
We’ll share as much information as possible to provide assurance and transparency
- Our covid-19 procedures will be updated and emailed to guests before their stay.
- We’ll email all guests before arrival to ensure that they have received all necessary information to make the most of their stay.
Our usual high cleaning standards have been updated to include a new risk-based approach
- To facilitate sanitising, soft furnishings such as cushions and throws will be removed from the rooms (available on request).
- Information usually contained in your room folder, or in tourist information leaflets will be placed on suite walls or online.
- Rooms will no longer be serviced during your stay (apart from linen changes for longer stays). If you need any refill of your amenities just let us know.
- Hand sanitiser will be located by the guest entrance and in each suite.
Social Distancing & Staying Safe
We have reconfigured our building to limit public spaces to ensure that social distancing can be adhered to.
- A new Guest Entrance has been added to the building.
- To manage our only potential pinch point, the guest entrance corridor, we ask guests to wait if guests from the 2nd suite are entering or exiting their room.
- Our procedures in 2021 kept us and our guests safe and covid free. Therefore we have decided that we will continue to wear masks indoors during 2022.
Our new layout allows for contactless check-in to both of our two suites…… however we still aim to maintain our warm welcome.
- We will welcome guests in the carpark upon arrival and direct them to their suite.
- Guests are now able to let themselves in, through our new guest entrance, then into their suite. Room keys will be in each suite upon arrival.
- Any queries can continue to be telephoned through, on 07984436955, as we are always on site to help (in a socially distanced way!)
For many, breakfast, and any evening meals ordered, are the highlight of a stay at Burnside Cottage. We will endeavour to offer the same care & standards just a little differently.
- Evening meals are now by pre-order & breakfast orders are placed via text, telephone, whatsapp, messenger or email. They are then delivered via Room Service on a trolley to your door. We therefore won’t offer a buffet service with sharing plates or bowls but items such as granola and fruit will be offered on the menu – with options on portion size
- Menu’s will be emailed at the time of booking, & one will be located on the door of each suite.
- Room Service trolleys will be sanitised after each use.
Our new layout now allows for contactless check-out and payment
- Guests will be sent an izettle (paypal) invoice during their stay which can be paid online, or alternatively by card or cash before check-out (we have a mobile card reader).
- Guests are requested to leave their room keys in their suite.
Guest & Our Own Health
It is essential that you do not travel if you are unwell or are demonstrating any Covid symptoms.
- Please let us know if you are worried about your symptoms ahead of your stay and we will move your booking to a future date to suit you.
- If you develop symptoms during your stay, we ask that you immediately head home to self-isolate.
- We will check our own temperatures on a daily basis.
The ‘new norm’ is different way of working. Welcoming guests back in a sanitised and socially distanced way felt a little odd to begin with. However feedback from our guests during 2021 was amazing. We had no issues with c.19 and we are confident that 2022 will be another healthy year for us & our guests.